Student Restaurants & Cafeterias /
Vegan, delicious and seasonal: The next recipe in our Mensa at Home series is rhubarb cake from our own vegan bakery. Perfect for enjoying in the upcoming weekend.
- 750 g fresh rhubarb
- 95 g sugar
- 3 g salt (1 pinch)
- 250 g wheat flour (number 405)
- 8 g baking powder
- 8 g baking soda
- 20 g powder sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 20 g crushed linseeds
- 100 g vegan margarine
- 50 ml rapeseed oil
- 150 ml plant drink (soya or oat drink according to taste)
- 70 g apple puree
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 70 ml water
- Peel the rhubarb and cut it into pieces of about 2 cm, mix with 25 g sugar and vanilla sugar, let it rest for about 1 hour.
- Mix the plant drink, apple puree and lemon juice, then let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the grounded linseeds with the water and let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining sugar with salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour, then add all liquid ingredients and mix.
- For the base, spread a third of the dough (approx. 250 g) in a greased form (∅ 26 cm) and bake at 160 ° C convection oven for 10 minutes. Then let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rhubarb in a sieve and carefully fold it into the remaining dough.
- Spread the mixture on the pre-baked base and make sure it is smoothed well. Bake everything at 160° C convection oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Good luck with baking and bon appétit!