6 Advantages of Living in a Student Hall of Residence
What are the advantages of living in one of our student halls of residence in Leipzig?
It is important to us to offer affordable living space close to the university to students in Leipzig. But there are other advantages that make living in a hall of residence attractive:
6 advantages of living in a hall of residence
- Living in a community of students: Students not only get a place to live, but also have the opportunity to get in touch with fellow students, to study together, to socialize and to support each other.
- Great location: Our halls of residence are located close to various Leipzig university campuses or are easily accessible by public transport.
- For students living in our halls of residence practically everything is taken care of. Our rooms are furnished and our caretakers and direct contact persons help with repairs and further questions.
- Low-priced all-inclusive rents: The rent includes all utilities: electricity, water, heating, internet and rubbish collection. There are no additional costs.
- Washing machine rooms (for a fee) and bicycle parking spaces are provided.
- So are Common rooms: Fitness rooms, party rooms with kitchens or lounges and other areas for common use. Some halls of residence even have a student club.*
*Depending on the pandemic situation and the Corona Protection Ordinance, we reserve the right to close these rooms permanently or to open them under special infection protection measures.
Our student halls of residence - Basic Info
- 16 residential complexes
- Hosting more than 5,200 rooms in shared flats and single apartments
- Rental prices vary depending on the hall of residence and the room. Most rooms are between 180 and 250 euros.
- Each one of our halls of residence is different. They vary according to size, location in the city, rent, and sometimes in terms of living comfort and type of accommodation. The most common form of accommodation is a 2-person shared flat with a shared kitchen and bathroom. We also offer a limited number of single flats as well as larger shared flats (for up to 6 people).
- Sustainability in the halls of residence is important to us.
Moving into a hall of residence during Corona times?
Even during the Corona pandemic, students live safely in our halls of residence. You can find out about the measures we are taking and answers to frequently asked questions on the following websites.