Other Funding Options
The website of the Deutsche Studentenwerk provides you with general information on the topic of student financing. Further extensive information can be found on the website of the Agentur für Arbeit and "Wege ins Studium".
Another option to finance your studies besides BAföG is the education loan (Bildungskredit). Find all information on the website of the Bundesverwaltungsamt.
It is also possible to finance your studies through scholarships with the advantage of not having to pay the money back later.
Scholarships that are not within the responsibility of the Studentenwerk Leipzig:
- Germany Scholarship
- Saxony Scholarship for Teacher Training Students (German)
- Find scholarships through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Scholarships from the Free State of Saxony. Approval is granted by the university, payment is made by the Studentenwerk:
- Georgius Agricola Scholarship (for students from foreign partner universities)
- Re-entry scholarship (for doctoral students at the University of Leipzig)
- State Postgraduade Scholarships (information from the University of Leipzig for doctoral students, students of the HGB and HMT please contact their university directly)
Further information is provided on the following websites:
Part-time jobs are another possibility for students to finance their studies. The Studentenwerk Leipzig offers a students job office. For further information and specific job offers, please visit the website.
The Deutsche Studentenwerk has compiled general and useful information about student jobs on their website.