Your online tenant account
Tenants can also set up their own user account, giving them access to their tenant account after authentication.
Functions of the tenant account are:
- see current and important information
- find all contact persons
- view rental agreement and amend tenant details
- send web requests to adviser
- upload the certification of enrolment
- view information about the halls of residence
- issue repair request
- track running cost expenditure
- check studNET data volumes
Functions of the user account are:
- register as buddy
Please also note our conditions of tenancy.
Contact persons and office hours
Details of all contact persons can be found on your tenant account (login as with studNET) and are also on display. There you will also find plenty of up-to-date information about your student halls.
Office hours of accommodation advisers
- Tuesdays 9-11 a.m. and 1-5 p.m., Thursdays 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Fridays 9-11 a.m.
- and by arrangement
Facility manager office hours
- by arrangement
- during working hours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7-7:30 a.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-2:30 p.m.
We would also be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning your contact persons via wohnen [at] studentenwerk-leipzig [dot] de!
According to the Saxon Registration Act everyone who moves into an apartment must register with the registration office no later than two weeks after moving in. This also applies to residents of student halls and is most easily taken care of at a nearby Bürgeramt (local public office).
When deciding whether to change your main residence to Leipzig or to just register a secondary residence here, please do bear in mind the Zuzugsbonus (a bonus paid to students who change their main residence to Leipzig) and also the potential need to pay a second residence tax. For this you will receive a declaration from the City of Leipzig to fill out.
As a resident in student halls you are also required to register with the GEZ if you use broadcast receiving devices (television, radio, internet-enabled computer etc.). Further information can be found on the GEZ website.